Decorating a home is more than exciting. After all, your home is an expression of your personality and unique qualities in the space where you’ll live, host guests in, and more!
That’s why when it comes to designing your home, it’s incredibly helpful to hire an interior designer. Not only is your house a huge investment, it’s where you and the people you love are going to spend their time. So whether you have a big family or live alone and like hosting, you want to make sure your home is perfect for them–and for you.
Let’s talk about why it’s so important to consider using a designer.
Although we can think of others, we’d like to share 8 main reasons why an interior designer will make all the difference in achieving your dream home. Let’s jump in!
1. Designers bring valuable knowledge and expertise. Interior designers have a professional degree, which of course means lots of training and experience. So not only are they passionate about what they do, they know how to do it well. This means they are up-to-date on all the latest trends and materials, and that they have an in-depth understanding of key design concepts like color, space, and balance.
2. They’re great at personalized design solutions. Have an especially weird design challenge? Your best bet in overcoming it is with a designer. Want a cohesive design that reflects your unique personality and lifestyle? Your designer’s going to think of everything. Designers tailor their services to your individual needs, tastes, and budget.
3. You’ll save big on time–and stress. Designing a home would be incredibly overwhelming without support. An interior designer can provide you with efficient project management and planning, coordination with contractors and suppliers, and more–while keeping you informed at each stage. And, with your project in their hands, you can rest assured knowing that you’re avoiding costly mistakes and design errors.
4. Designers have access to important resources that you just don’t have. In addition to their expertise, they have connections and access that would be difficult to acquire without being directly involved in the industry. Because of their experience, designers have intel about showrooms and manufacturers, a network of relevant contacts, and exclusive access to trade materials, fabric, and furnishings.
5. They’ll increase your home value. Any work you do on your home is not just for the current moment–it’s an investment for the future. Professionally handled design can boost property value, especially when it comes to kitchens and bathrooms. By creating designs that stand the test of time and are attractive yet functional, your designer knows exactly how to appeal to potential buyers.
6. They can do design that’s sustainable + eco-friendly. Designing in a way that’s eco-friendly is much easier said than done. There are a million factors that affect sustainability in a home, so it’s best to have a designer’s vast knowledge of environmentally friendly materials and practices, as well as energy-efficient lighting and appliances. With a designer’s help, you’ll be able to create a living environment that is healthy and environmentally conscious.
7. Designers know how to optimize your space. This is especially important if you have a smaller amount of square footage to work with. That being said, with any design project, you’ll want to think carefully about the layout and flow. Interior designers can create clever storage solutions, plan for efficient furniture placement, and in turn maximize the functionality of your home.
8. They’ll help oversee the project and do quality control. There are so many things to consider throughout the entirety of the design process. Your designer will keep everything in mind, starting with the big-picture stuff all the way down to the smallest details. They’ll monitor budget and timeline, ensure work is completed to high standards, and address any issues or concerns promptly.
The last thing we’ll say here is that life is busy. (And it’s especially busy here in LA!) With work and relationships and all the other varying pressures of day to day life, we highly recommend outsourcing all the heavy lifting of your design project to a professional who’ll do it right.
We’d love to chat. Avec Interiors provides a range of options, delivering customized designs tailored to suit your needs.
Whether you’re looking to transform a single room or your entire home, Avec carefully plans, researches, and streamlines the vast array of interior choices.
Click here to book a free consultation today + be sure to tell us you’re interested in a cozy interior design feel – we’ll tailor the call just to you!
To get started please fill out this form and
schedule a 30 min phone consultation